Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Week 5


Something interesting that happened to me this week would be that I went and observed in another teachers math classroom. She made me want to get a minor in math so that way I could teach math as well. I learned that the algebra kids where almost always willing to learn and get down to business.

Something that boggled me was kids are so technologically more intelligent than me. I had a kid today hack through the security wall so he could get on youtube. Genius! Another thing I found interesting was that boys talk WAY more than girls. Way more! Boys are chatter boxes and always have something to share. I was not expecting that.

Something I want to take away with me is how the math teacher organized everything. All of the assignments are on a month calendar and on a self in the appropriate folder. This way when students missed a day or whatnot they know exactly where to go to find out what they did. She said it helps so much because it cuts down on a messy desk and being busy in between classes.

No comments:

Post a Comment